The Gent S4-901 CO Detector: Your Ultimate Guide
What type of sensor does the gent s4-901 CO detector use?
The Gent S4-901 CO detector uses a combination of dual optical and heat sensing elements to detect the presence of carbon monoxide in the air.
This unique sensor combination includes both optical forward scatter and optical backward scatter technology, making it highly effective at detecting even the smallest amounts of CO.
As a Honeywell Vigilon product, the Gent S4-901 CO detector is known for its reliability and accuracy, and is a popular choice for businesses looking to safeguard their workplace and protect their employees and customers.
Available from leading suppliers like here at fire trade supplies, this multisensor CO detector is an essential tool for any business owner looking to ensure the health and safety of their workplace.
What is the maximum operating temperature of the gent s4-901 CO detector?
The Gent S4-901 CO detector has a maximum operating temperature of 50°C. This is made possible by its dual optical sensor which combines optical forward scatter and optical backward scatter sensing elements.
The unique combination of these elements allows the detector to accurately detect the presence of carbon monoxide even in high heat environments. The Gent S4-901 CO detector is manufactured by Honeywell and is designed to be used in conjunction with their Vigilon fire detection system.
How long is the lifespan of the gent s4-901 CO detector?
The Gent S4-901 CO detector has a lifespan of 5 years, after which it should be replaced to ensure continued effectiveness in detecting carbon monoxide and protecting your workplace.
It is important to regularly test and maintain your CO detector to ensure that it is functioning properly throughout its lifespan. Honeywell Gent recommends testing the S4-901 CO detector at least once a week.
As with all safety equipment, it is important to prioritize the safety of your employees and customers by ensuring that your CO detector is up-to-date and functioning properly.
Is the gent s4-901 CO detector suitable for residential use?
The Gent S4-901 CO detector is designed specifically for commercial and industrial use, making it an ideal choice for business owners who want to protect their employees and customers from the dangers of carbon monoxide.
While it may be possible to use this detector in a residential setting, it is important to note that it is not designed or tested for that purpose.
If you are looking for a CO detector for your home, it is recommended that you choose a product that is specifically designed for residential use.
1. Heat (H), carbon monoxide (CO), optical forward scatter (OFS), and optical backward scatter are all combined in the multi-sensor (OBS)
2. The dual angle optical scatter technology is patented and enables for the identification of the particle source while filtering out probable dust and steam false alarms.
3. The carbon monoxide concentration is monitored by the gas sensing element (CO) inside the chamber. Carbon monoxide is a potentially fatal byproduct of incomplete combustion in particular fire types. In places where smoke detectors might cause false alarms, the CO sensor enables quick fire detection of smouldering fires.
4. Higher levels of false alarm resistance are possible with combined CO gas sensing with dual angle optical and heat, while still enhancing the speed of some types of fire detection.
5. There are sensitivity levels available for each sensor element that can be