Ei 208WRF RadioLINK CO Alarm Lithium Battery Backup
It's a poisonous gas that's colourless, odourless, and tasteless. Exposure to low levels of Carbon Monoxide can lead to headaches and nausea. High levels can cause death within minutes.
Carbon Monoxide is a bi-product of any fossil fuel burning process so there are a number of possible sources:
Even if appliances are serviced regularly, a problem could still occur between services resulting in Carbon Monoxide being leaked into the home. Here are a few statistics that will set the alarm bells ringing:
However, incidents of Carbon Monoxide poisoning are often unrecorded as they can easily be misdiagnosed – low level exposure to Carbon Monoxide results in symptoms similar to flu. Due to this the actual number of poisoning incidents is almost certainly much higher than the figures shown above.