The Aico Ei166RC Optical Smoke Alarm runs on 230V AC mains power, and has built in tamper proof Lithium cells that act as a battery back up in the event of mains failure. These rechargeable Lithium cells are designed to have a ten-year life and outlast the life of the smoke alarm itself, whilst providing up to six months of smoke alarm operation without mains power.
The alarm gives a fire warning when adequate smoke enters the alarm.
The alarm is supplied with an Easi-fit base that allows very quick and simple installation, combined with simple alarm removal and replacement. The Easi-fit base automatically connects both mains power and battery as the alarm slides on.
Remote Control capability allows the alarm to be controlled remotely by either a “Test, Silence and Locate” Switch (Ei1529RC) or a Manual Call Point (MCP401RC). If the alarm is also connected to other Ei ‘RC’ mains powered alarms then the whole system can be controlled remotely.
The alarm has other advanced features such as built in circuitry to aid suppression of voltage transients and RF interference to further reduce the chances of false alarms.
- The green indicator will illuminate to show mains power is present
- The red indicator will flash every 40 seconds to show that the detector has performed an automatic self test
- The red indicator will flash rapidly to show an alarm condition for the alarm that has triggered
- The “Test/Hush” button will either silence false alarms (if briefly pressed) or to perform a self test (if pressed and held)
- In “Test” mode the alarm will perform a self test and sound the horn
- In “Hush” mode the alarm enters a ten-minute period of reduced sensitivity to overcome false alarm conditions. It will then automatically reset itself
- When interconnected to other Ei mains powered alarms, an alarm on one detector will trigger all other interconnected alarms (only the triggered alarm will flash a red indicator)