The S-Quad range of multifunction devices includes sensors with sounder, speech and EN54-23 certified visual alarms. This allows the maximum flexibility for designers providing cover for a building. The advanced sensing technology is enhanced with a device that can alert building occupants with a highly visible visual alarm and a recorded voice message to ensure all occupants are alerted to an emergency.
Innovative design has allowed the LED visual alarm to be built into the centre of the sensor with the sounder and speech circuits inside providing a neat and aesthetic solution to multi function devices.
The visual alarm and voice messages are synchronised across each control panel ensuring a clear unambiguous message to building occupiers.
- The multi-sensor combines heat (H), carbon monoxide (CO), optical forward scatter (OFS) and optical backward scatter (OBS)
- The patented dual angle optical scatter technology allows identification of the particle source filtering potential false alarms due to steam and dust
- The gas sensing element (CO) within the chamber monitors the concentration of carbon monoxide, a product of incomplete combustion in some fire types, and potentially life threatening. The CO sensor allows rapid fire detection, with smouldering fires, in areas where smoke detectors could register false alarms
- Combined CO gas sensing with dual angle optical and heat allows a higher level of false alarm immunity whilst still improving the detection speed of certain types of fire
- Each sensor element has sensitivity settings which can be adjusted to suit the environment / application and can be programmed for different time periods during the day or night
- Repeat fire LED output as standard (if monitored input not used)
- Operational LED blink ‘On/Off’ option
- Monitored Input - which can be Fire, Fault or Supervisory