The Gent S-Quad range of fire alarm detectors and combined detectors and sounders has been around for some years now but the range remains hard to beat.
The Gent S-Quad range offers truly intelligent analogue sensors combining local processing in the detector and the Gent Vigilon fire alarm panel to minimise the risk of false alarms whilst achieving an immediate response to real fires. The Gent S-Quad provides a comprehensive range combining sensor, sounder and voice in one multifunctional device.
The Honeywell Gent S-Quad is a complete range of sensors with combinations of advanced sensing technologies including heat, dual angle optical scatter and carbon monoxide (CO).
Options include combined sensing of carbon monoxide with dual angle optical scatter and heat allowing a higher level of false alarm immunity in presence of steam and while still maintaining the integrity of detecting fires.
Each Gent S-Quad sensor has certified sensitivity settings that suit certain environments and applications which may be programmed for different times of the day if required using the functionality of the Gent Vigilon fire alarm panel.
Like all Honeywell Gent addressable fire alarm devices, the Gent S-Quad range has a short circuit isolator in each device, a feature which has for a long time been a significant benefit of using Gent Fire Alarms.
The Gent S-Quad detectors have configurable input/output connections for remote indicator or supervisory input fully synchronised sound patterns via the control panel.
The Gent S-Quad sensor sounders have adjustable sound level and tones to match system sounders. Sounder element monitoring and over-load protection ensures operation
even in event of cable fault. Sound output is synchronised and compatible with the Gent S‑Quad range of EN54‑23 VADs.
Honeywell Gent S-Quad Multi-Sensor with Integrated Sounder and Visual Alarms Device (VAD)
The Gent S-Quad’s multi-sensor with integrated sounder and VAD combines renowned advanced sensing technology with state of the art visual alarms. The Gent S-Quad meets the demands of detection and the performance needed to meet the EN54 part 23 standard.
Gent S-Quad VAD colour and performance variants:
- High intensity option with three intensity settings to achieve maximum flexibility for different room coverage, optimising loop coverage
- Standard intensity option also available
- White VADs use a multi-die LED with a ‘Day White’ colour
- Red VADs use multiple red LEDs giving a true red colour
Gent S-Quad Voice messages
The Gent S-Quad speech function is provided by stored messages on a non-volatile flash memory component. This audible output from the flash memory can hold up to 20 seconds of speech. There is also the capability to provide complex tones, such as bell and DIN tones. Each Gent S-Quad sensor includes four standard messages with the component, which are as follows:
- Alert Message: (Female Voice) “An incident has been reported in the building, please await further instructions”
- Alarm Message 1: (Female Voice) “Attention please, this is an emergency please leave the building by the nearest available exit”
- Alarm Message 2: (Male Voice) “This is a Fire Alarm! Please leave the building immediately by the nearest available exit”
- Test Message: (Female Voice) “This is a test message, no action is required”
Gent S-Quad Sensor and alarm in one device reduces installation time and cost. Built-in high intensity VAD helps alert occupants in noisy environments as well as the hard of hearing
- Meets all the requirements of the Equality Act 2010
- Compatible with the Gent S-Cubed wall mounted VAD
- State of the art, high efficiency visual alarm technology
- Advanced power management that increases loop capacity and integrity
- Range of devices and power settings to suit widest range of building applications
- Light output that allows devices to be sited at standard smoke and heat detector spacings
- Synchronised flash rate across the whole control panel avoiding risk of induced seizures
- VAD can operate independently of the sounder if required
- Meets the requirements of BS5839 part 1 relating to sensitivity to epilepsy
|Part Code||Product Description|
|S4-700||Gent S-Quad Sensor Base (White)|
|S4-720||Gent S-Quad Heat Sensor (White)|
|S4-715||Gent S-Quad Optical Sensor (White)|
|S4-710||Gent S-Quad Optical Heat Sensor (White)|
|S4-711||Gent S-Quad Dual Optical Heat Sensor (White)|
|S4-901||Gent S-Quad Dual Optical Heat and Carbon Monoxide Sensor (White)|
|S4-780-S||Gent S-Quad Heat Sensor Sounder (White)|
|S4-770-S||Gent S-Quad Optical Heat Sensor Sounder (White)|
|S4-771-S||Gent S-Quad Dual Optical Heat Sensor Sounder (White)|
|S4-711-V||Gent S-Quad Dual Optical Heat Voice Sensor Sounder (White)|
|S4-711-VAD-HPW||Gent S-Quad O2H Sensor - White VAD|
|S4-711-V-VAD-HPW||Gent S-Quad O2H Voice Sensor Sounder - White VAD|
|S4-720-V-VAD-HPW||Gent S-Quad Heat Voice Sensor Sounder - White VAD|
|S4-911-V-VAD-HPW||Gent S-Quad O2HCO Voice Sensor Sounder - White VAD|
|S4-711-VAD-HPR||Gent S-Quad O2H Sensor Red VAD|
|S4-711-V-VAD-HPR||Gent S-Quad O2H Voice Sensor Sounder - Red VAD|
|S4-720-V-VAD-HPR||Gent S-Quad Heat Voice Sensor Sounder - Red VAD|
|S4-911-V-VAD-HPR||Gent S-Quad O2HCO Voice Sensor Sounder - Red VAD|
|S4-711-V-VAD-LPW||Gent S-Quad Dual Optical Heat Sensor Voice Sounder Standard Power - White VAD|
|S4-711-V-VAD-LPR||Gent S-Quad Dual Optical Heat Sensor Voice Sounder Standard Power - Red VAD|